The Circuit Court for Prince George's County, Md., approved the agreement between GSA and Douglas P. Wilson Companies and authorized Douglas P. Wilson Companies to petition the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit for dismissal of a previous claim filed by Maryland Enterprises. This motion was filed on December 10, 2010 and the Federal Court granted the motion on February 9.
These actions clear away all remaining legal obstacles to restart work on the NCWCP project. GSA and Douglas P. Wilson Companies have indicated their intention to execute the Supplemental Lease Agreement by early March, with work restarting within 30 days of execution.
Some highlights of the currently-projected approximate major construction and occupancy milestones include:
- Early April 2011: Work restarts.
- Late January 2012: Phase 1 occupancy occurs: data center and portions of the first floor. This limited occupancy will allow installation and testing of computer systems and the initial installation of systems furniture on portions of the first floor.
- Late March 2012: The entire building will be substantially complete. While lease payments will begin at this point, and the building will be available for completion of the furniture installation, no NOAA employees will be allowed to occupy the building at this time, except for personnel working in the data center.
- Late May 2012: Furniture installation completed, and Certificate of Occupancy issued. This will allow the full-scale move-in of staff to begin.
- Late July 2012: Move-in of staff completed.
This news comes after much work and coordination with GSA. NOAA will continue to work with GSA to ensure that all work is properly installed, inspected and tested as appropriate, and that the schedule outlined above is adhered to.